Monday, November 22, 2010

Tory Burch Partners with Dress for Success to Celebrate the Holidays

If you follow me on Twitter or read my blog you'll know that I have many passions and interests. A couple of which are Tory Burch who's clothes and shoes I die for, and supporting various charitable organizations.

"Tory Burch is an attainable, luxury, lifestyle brand defined by classic American sportswear with an eclectic sensibility, which embodies the personal style and spirit of its co-founder and creative director, Tory Burch."
Over the weekend Tory Burch celebrated a wonderful partnership with the fantastic organization Dress for Success- an organization she has supported practically since her inception as she is passionate about helping women in business. I was invited along with my lovely sister to attend this special evening. Women supported by Dress for Success were invited to light specially designed Hasbro Lite-Brite holiday windows at several Tory Burch boutiques across the country, one of which was right here in Washington, Tory's boutique at The Bravern in Bellevue. The holiday windows featured reindeer images made of Lite-Brite pegs framed in a mirror. Inspired by a photograph of a reindeer taken in Russia, Tory Burch collaborated with a New York-based artist named Timothy Paul Myers to transform the picture into a sophisticated, colorful design that had a Pop Art feel to it. There are 46 installations, which took about 4,900 hours and 2,025,000 pegs to create using seven Lite-Brite colors.

That evening, each participant from Dress for Success was invited to select work-appropriate Tory Burch items of their choice, up to $500. I had the pleasure of meeting Erica, a friendly and positive young woman who's goal is to open up a soul food restaurant right here in Seattle. I believe this to be an awesome idea, and look forward to enjoying some good soul food, because there aren't really any of those restaurants here in Seattle.
 
 
Erica selected some really wonderful pieces, I would have to say she has great taste! Best of luck Erica in your future endeavors, I can't wait to enjoy your delicious and authentic soul food right here in Seattle, all while looking fabulous in your Tory Burch attire. I think the two best pieces of advice I've heard from other women who've started their own businesses is to follow your dreams and never give up, because you can achieve anything you put your heart and mind into! DFS is an international not-for-profit organization that helps promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.

I'm also excited to share with you, that I'm not the only person who's loving Tory Burch and her lavish designs, just recently her flannel Reva flats and Tory handbag were featured on Oprah's farewell season of her favorite things!

Friday night was truly a wonderful and inspiring night, it's so great to surround yourself with positive goal oriented people, people like Erica! Her positivity radiated throughout the store, it was clearly contagious because I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to as well. I couldn't have asked for a better evening to kick off the holiday season.

For more information on Dress for Success go to their website.
For information on Tory Burch's Foundation visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails