Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A weekend with the girls: Sangria, Smiles and High Heels


After a delicious dinner and while on the drive home we were of course listening to music. A song came to mind that I knew I wanted to share with my ladies. It went a little something like this-

There's a stranger in my bed,
There's a pounding my head
Glitter all over the room
Pink flamingos in the pool
I smell like a minibar
DJ's passed out in the yard
Barbie's on the barbeque
There's a hickie or a bruise
Pictures of last night
Eended up online
I'm screwed
Oh well
It's a black top blur
But I'm pretty sure it ruled
Last Friday night
Yeah we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots
Think we kissed but I forgot
Last Friday night
Yeah we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar
So we hit the boulevard
Can you guess who it might be by? I'll give you a hint, I've written about her before, she's very talented and has fun style. Did you figure it out? Katy Perry of course! It's her song Last Friday Night (TGIF). The song is brilliant and definitely fun to sing along to. It's a great way to get pumped for what you know is about to be a good night with the girls, that's for sure. Granted our night wasn't quite as crazy as the lyrics suggest, we still had a good time.
Girlfriends are essential- therefore meaning that every girl needs a weekend with the girls every so often. Its a time where you can stay up all night, talk about life, paint your nails, watch silly YouTube videos, drink wine, watch movies like My Best Friends Wedding and laugh until your stomachs hurt.

Over the weekend a few of my best girlfriends got together for a visit. It was so wonderful to all be together (though we were missing a few of us, Molly, Katie, Kelly). It's tough for us to find times to rally up as we are all going in different directions. What is so special about our friendships is that we've all been friends since the 9th grade, that made us all about 14 years old when we met. We're, older now and have since experienced a lot of what life is about. So it's pretty unique and special when we can all be in the same place. Naturally when you get a group of girlfriends together, no topic is off limits. We enjoyed a good 48 hours of good conversation, food, laughter, sharing memories and life lessons. It's crazy to me to think about where we all were when we first met and where we all are now. When I first met all these lovely ladies I was a new student at school, petrified and scared out of my wits because I knew no one and was afraid that I wasn't going to fit in and find friends. Little did I know that I would soon meet the girls who I would later call my best friends. Cool right? We've since grown up and matured into women, and have together experienced more than most friends have in their friendships. We've been there for each other through the toughest of times, but what's so cool is that we're all still here. Through the loss of parents, graduating high school, boyfriends, college, turning 21, babies, weddings and careers.

Throughout the whole weekend I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have such amazing and inspiring women in my life. I admire each and every one of them for their beauty, strength, passion and determination. I tell you, the saying "Boys come and go but girlfriends are forever" seems to be what keeps replaying in my head when I think about the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails