Friday, September 24, 2010

What are you thankful for?

I think in order to keep grounded and sane, it's important to stop and remember to breathe, first of all and then of course have coffee in your hand. All while thinking about all the things you are thankful for in life. Naturally life isn't always sunshine, kittens and rainbows, but I think for the most part the majority of people have it pretty good. I think if you have a roof over your head, shoes on your feet, and arms and legs that work you're doing ok. When I'm having a rough day or things just don't seem to be moving in the direction I want them to, I always remind myself that things could be worse. I could be alone, not have my friends and family, not have the ability to talk or walk. To be thankful is part of being humble and part of being a good person in general, it's really refreshing when I meet people of humility and integrity. Those people these days are few and far between sadly. Humility is also a quality of ladies and of gentlemen.

Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation.
-Saint Augustine

I am thankful for
My family, dad, sister and brother
My dog, Amelia
My job
My friends
Starbucks Coffee
The rain
and for laughter

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Nice stuff mollie. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ian- very kind of you to say so! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails