Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Champagne, shoes and shopping

Sunday was a very exciting night! I had the opportunity to attend Girl Power Hour's Report Shoes VIP Launch Party at Bellevue Square. It was an evening of shoes, shopping, champagne and networking- what girl wouldn't want to get dressed up and drool over amazing shoes? I felt like a kid in a candy shop admiring all of Report's beautiful shoes. That evening Samrah Qureshi of Fashion Network Seattle stopped and chatted with me for a second, she took my picture and asked me what I was wearing that evening, the low down of what I was wearing went up on Fashion Network Seattle's website! I felt so special that she posted my picture (I was wearing my pink Elie Tahari one shoulder top from where else? Nordstrom of course!)  I think all the women there looked chic and fabulous! 
Here is a quick expert from Samrah's piece on the fantastic event, I took pictures and plan to post them soon, promise! 






By Samrah Qureshi
Was I wearing a stylish enough outfit? Would the ladies at the event be welcoming? Would there be a pair of REPORT shoes that I would fall in love with? These questions and many more were swirling around my head as I was heading to my first Girl Power Hour sponsored by REPORT at Bellevue Square.
Girl Power Hour was first started by Darnell Sue and Samantha Lawton in 2007 as means for business women to meet in a comfortable and stylish setting. Since the creation, Lawton has moved to Africa to pursue other interests and Darnell Sue is still carrying on the torch. The event is meant as a way for many women (and some men) to meet and connect over drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and build relationships.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning Fashion Network Seattle! It was a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It was very nice meeting you! Hope to see you again at other fun events!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails