Saturday, September 18, 2010

7 things you need to know before you take your kid to college

7 things every parent/big sister should know/be prepared for, before taking their child to college
It's funny, all my life and especially since Katia graduated (for those of you that don't know, Katia is my baby sister) from high school, I've known that the day would come that she would pack her things and move away to college. To begin a new chapter in her life, the part where she leaves home and becomes an independent adult in the real world. So I've had all this time to prepare for this day, and of course all that hard work and dedicated preparation went out the window. I was an absolute mess when leaving her at school today. I'm truly more than proud of Katia, she is not only beautiful on the outside, she is stunning on the inside as well. There is no one more kind, mature, or responsible than her. I know we'll get to talk on the phone a lot and hopefully visit each other often. I just need to keep telling myself she is going to be ok, and so am I. I'm excited, this is a big step!
1. Drink massive amounts of caffeine so that you can stay awake and energized for the long day of moving in.
2. Bring a screwdriver, seriously something will come up where you'll realize you need it.
3. Bring a spare key to your car in case your keys get locked in your car.
4. Bring a dolly or kart to carry in all your bags and boxes.
5. A camera, to document the big day.
6. Wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes for all the moving and organizing, then bring an extra change of clothes and make up so that you can touch up and change after you're all done being tired and sweaty.
7. and finally bring Kleenex, lots and lots of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails