Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weekend

Best friends, new friends, new black rompers, going out, wine, laughing, Seattle, Pike Place, sunshine, rooftops, Sports, Seahawks, good food, and movies. My weekend. 
 
This past weekend was a blast- it was a perfect weekend in the city! I meant to post this sooner but this week has been crazy busy! Better late than never though right? Over the course of the weekend I got to spend time with family, old friends and make new ones! A family friend of mine hosted four soccer coaches who were from England and Ireland at their house for the week and asked me to show them around Seattle for some fun- what girl wouldn't want to play tour guide to four English/Irish boys? One of the boys was from Ireland, and the rest were from London. It was so exciting to listen to their accents, I was basically in a trance every time they spoke. They taught me new words which I thought was pretty awesome..
They call girls birds
Boys are blokes
Friends are mates
Sunglasses are sunnies
Trucks are lauries
Tank tops are vests
Soccer cleats are boots

Two of my very best friends Molly and Kelly helped partake in the fun! Molly and I took the boys out on Friday, which I was really pleased because I got to wear my new black silk romper!! Molly and I both coordinated in black for the evening. Molly calls me her own Rachel Zoe, playing dress up is what I do best!
Saturday Kelly and I took the boys out to Pike Place and Belltown. We stopped in for some wine and cheese at Le Pichet, which if you haven't been there I highly recommend it. Not only is the service superb but their wine selection is fantastic! We ended Saturday with a bang by going to the Seahawks game at Qwest Field. I think the boys most favorite part of the game were the Seagals, it was presh watching them oh and ah over the cheerleaders.

 
The whole gang! 
(We even got to leave behind our handprints in the suite!)

Sunday was a little more low key, I had an event that morning for The Make-A-Wish Foundation (My absolute favorite non-profit)- but I'll blog about that later! After my event though, we spent the day relaxing and eating. If you were in Seattle you know that it was way too hot outside, so we all decided to cash in on some AC by going to a movie! I took the boys to see Salt, which was OK. I'd wait for the DVD. That's all I will say about that.

The weekend was great! I had lots of fun making memories with new and old friends. I always make sure that at the end of every day I stop and remember how blessed I am to have all these wonderful people in my life. Life is good. I wouldn't be who I am without all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails