Thursday, August 26, 2010

Do blondes really have more fun?

I am naturally a brunette. One morning a while back I woke up and decided I wanted to be blond. I remember going to my fabulous hair dresser Deanna, I told her I wanted blond hair, she thought I just wanted a few highlights. Boy did I shock her when I pulled out a photo of Holly Madison, and I said, "I want my hair to look like this." Deanna about fell to the floor, I vividly recall her telling me how HUGE of a change it would be and how big of a responsibility becoming a blond was. Boy was she right. Being blond is seriously like becoming a new person. I had to wear a lot more make up, and dress very differently- people would say I looked like Holly Madison with my blond hair, what do you think (I love her BTW)? It was definitely exciting, I do truly believe that blonds have more fun. Though as a blond I was treated VERY differently than when I was brunette. People in professional environments and at school didn't take me as seriously, people cracked blond jokes at me ALL THE TIME and I really think I got more attention when I was out. (I don't say that to sound conceded, I'm just saying I was approached a lot more as a blond). I don't know if its the misconception that blonds are easier? Who knows. Now that I'm brunette again I find that people take me seriously, no one cracks any jokes at me and I'm left alone when I go out. Its quite the contrast. Blonds I don't know how you do it, being blond was a great life experience but an exhausting one at that. Maybe someday I'll do it again, I miss it every once in a while. I'll have to write more about my blond experience in a later post. But for now I thought I would share this.

1 comment:

  1. see, this is why i love my strawberry blonde hair. best of both worlds. maybe try that next? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails