Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whistler, BC

 If you've read through some of my previous posts you'll know that I was Macbook-less for over a WEEK. A week people, that is like an entire lifetime to me. 4th of July weekend I decided to run away to Whistler, BC for a few days, it was the best idea I'd had a while. The drive is lovely, going through Vancouver is always exciting- seeing the city and of course driving through all the traffic, I mean that's fun right? The best part of the drive is going along the Sea to Sky Highway though, you follow this winding road that takes you through some of the most picturesque scenery you've ever seen, mountains, lakes, trees, waterfalls, hills, rocks, and flowers! The only thing I would recommend against is making the drive at night, the road is one lane each way at times and really narrow, I guess I wouldn't want to drive it at night.
There really is so much to do in Whistler, whether you like to hike, bike, shop, eat, ski, snowboard or swim. The nightlife in Whistler is also fantastic, the people up there are so nice and definitely know how to have a good time. A couple of the bars I liked were The Savage Beagle, Tommy Africa's and Garfinkel's. The Brewhouse up at Whistler is also a great place to have a delicious beer and get some good eats, their baked macaroni and cheese is insane! Lucky for me there was even Starbucks up there, because we all know I can't make it through the way without my beloved coffee. I also noticed while I was up there that everyone and I mean practically everyone had their dog with them, Whistler is also very dog friendly (I'll probably post something else later that goes into more detail about dog-friendly Whistler).

My favorite part of the trip was going on the Peak to Peak adventure, you can take gondola's all the way up Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains and then take another gondola up to the summit of Whistler Mountain which I believe is over 7,100ft. I of course went all the way to the top. At the top of the mountain it was pretty cold, I'm not going to lie, if you plan on making the trek to the top bring warm winter clothes!

Here are a few, well actually a lot of pictures from the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails