Friday, July 30, 2010

2010 PGA Senior Open

The 2010 Senior Open is here in Washington, at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish and I'm going! I'm very excited because I've never been to really any golf events before so it should be a new and exciting experience. I'm not familiar with Golf as much so it will be fun to have the chance to learn a little more about it and watch some great players. When I found out I was going the first thing that popped into my head was, "Shoot! What do people wear to golf events?!" Leave it to me to worry about what shoes are appropriate or which sunglasses look the part of a golf spectator right? I've been asking around and Google'ing the phrases,
"What to wear if you are at a golf event as spectator"
"What should women wear to a PGA Golf event?"
"What should a woman wear to a gold tournament?"

It seems like the general answer is "a collared shirt and khaki pants are ideal". So polos and collared shirts are appropriate attire, long shorts down to your knee (Thank you Olivia!), khakis, or even a skirt or athletic style skort are all appropriate attire for golf spectators. I also read that denim is very frowned upon, which makes sense. It's a more casual material anyway. Making sure that your pants don't have a ton of extra pockets or that they appear baggy, that's a no no I guess. Having two pockets on your hips and two pockets on the backside is normal and ok. Shoes, you're just suppose to wear what is comfortable, no boots of heaving shoes of that kind, golf shoes seem to be what keeps coming up on what is recommended to wear.

I also had no idea that there are certain things that are not allowed into most golf tournaments. Things like- cell phones, purses, cameras, walkie-talkies, backpacks, flags or banners. The two I was most surprised by were the cell phones and cameras, sad! I won't be able to Tweet while I'm there.

I Google image searched pictures of spectators and these are a few I found-








































I have to thank the Hotel Bellevue for the tickets to this exciting event, so THANK YOU! I'm very excited! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails