Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Disappointed



I have to say I used to be a fan of Miley Cyrus- I thought her music was fun and very girly, I even met her once. We were sitting at a table next to hers when I was in LA a while back at The Ivy, she was so sweet, friendly and outgoing. When I heard the title of her new song, "Can't Be Tamed" I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like it. I don't want to say I hate it but I definitely do not care for the song or video AT ALL. Who is she trying to appeal to? Her attempt at being this sexy bird trapped in some cage at what I think is a museum just doesn't fit. She really should wait until she's older, I personally don't believe it yet, she's still to young in my mind to be perceived as hot and sexy. Immediately when this video began I thought it seemed very Britney Spears, the whole being stuck in a cage thing rubbing up against your dancers has already been done Miley. I don't think this song is going to be heard playing in bars and clubs in Seattle or anywhere else for that matter. It's way repetative and some of the lyrics are a bit ridiculous, like her saying she goes through boys like money? Really Miley? Oh well. This must be some desperate try at breaking free from her innocent and perfect Disney image, I wonder if her fans will continue to follow her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails