Thursday, April 8, 2010

Naturally 7


Katia and I had the chance to catch Michael Buble while he was here in Seattle last weekend. The group that opened up for him was Naturally 7- to be completely honest I'd never heard anything about them before until that night. What I was most perplexed about was that when looking at the stage there really wasn't much out there other than a white curtain, a chair and some microphones. Katia and I both were like "huh, thats odd. I wonder where their instruments are?". The lights dimmed and a voice came on announcing that all the sounds we were about to hear were the natural sounds of the human voice- I thought to myself, now what does that mean? Well it meant just that, Naturally 7 is a group made up of seven incredibly talented men who can make the most unreal sounds you've ever heard. They're an entire vocal group and band in one! Each member contributes a different sound, whether it be the drums, the electric guitar, the bass or a voice. Their sounds were incredible and really like nothing I had ever heard before. I was very impressed, I've been to a lot of concerts and heard a lot of great music but I've never heard anything like their sounds before! Of course not only were Katia and I in awe of their amazing talents but we had to take a moment to admire their good looks too, I mean come on, how could you not?

Katia took a moment to mention that her favorite was Hops- the bass player, his sound was insane!

I couldn't help but admire the talents of Jamal, and his perfectly sculpted arms!

What ended up being even cooler was that Katia and I were tweeting about their performance and commenting on how great their sounds were, Hops the bass player somehow noticed that both of us were and commented on our tweets! After the whole concert was over Katia and I had the chance to meet all of Naturally 7 and our two special favorites! We got autographs and pictures- all of them were so nice, they said they could all tell Katia and I were sisters! 

Hops, Katia, and I

Of course I had to get my picture taken with Jamal!



They have a new album coming out called Vocal Play that will be available here in the US on June 15, you better believe I'm excited and plan to buy it! I hope you all have a chance to check out their music!

Oh! And here is a video of them performing, watch and see the magic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails