Friday, March 19, 2010

Something else

So my dad, being the awesome guy he is bought me another book. I'm sure you're just dying to know right? This time its a much more hmmm should I say complex and spiritual book? It's titled Transformation in Christ by Dietrich Von Hildebrand. Something I've been wanting to do is form a stronger relationship with God, I was raised Catholic, went to church every Sunday etc. The last few years though I just kind of stopped going, I wouldn't say I abandoned my faith I just was concentrated on other things. I'm trying to change that now anyway.
I don't know if she knows it, but someone I really look up to as a role model is my cousin Olivia, (I realize we're technically not cousins but close enough!), I swear that girl has it all but most of all she really seems to have a solid relationship with God and I really admire her for that, and aspire to be like her. Seeing her relationship with God and with Brian her husband makes me want to want to try harder, I swear something feels like it's missing in my life, a void if you will. I realize some of you may think its stilly but of course that is fine because everyone is entitled to an opinion. Anywho I plan on reading this book and hope to get a lot out of it. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. You are so frickin sweet. What a fun surprise to read this :) Would love to talk more about it with you if you ever want!! Or give you other books or you should come visit us and then come to church!! :) Do you have spring break next week!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails