Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I wear many hats

Finals are next week so I'm sitting here at the computer with my green tea in hand and Enya playing quietly in the background. I've been juggling quite a bit this week- school, work, orientation and registration for my little brother Keith who's going into 8th grade next year, Jr. High to be precise (OMG!!), organizing myself for another charity benefit this weekend, and of course trying to stay sane in all of this. Anyway with so much going on it made me think of all the hats I wear in life- this came to light because someone mentioned to me about how once I finish school I am going to enter the "real"world and have "real" responsibility, when in reality I've already been living in the real world since I was 16 years old. I don't know how many 21 year olds are legal guardians of two kids, work a full time job, attend school full time, juggle soccer practices, tennis practices, doctor's appointments, family vacations and paying the bills! I just thought it was funny because in reality I think I've already lived through more than most people twice my age will have experienced. Needless to say I already have a ton of responsibility on my plate, in no way am I complaining though, I wouldn't trade my life for anything. Oh well, I'm grateful for my life and all the wonderful things in it. Just some thoughts I guess :).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails