Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wine and Chocolate




Since I've turned 21, my goal has been to learn more about wine- so I decided to join the wine club at the Chateau St. Michelle Winery in Woodinville, WA. Today I went down for my first visit to the winery and to attend their wine tasting they were hosting with Chocolopolis out of Seattle. In one of their beautiful banquet rooms they had tables set up all throughout the room, basically like stations where they'd have a wine picked out and then pair it with a certain type of chocolate. We started off with a sparkling wine, moved onto a merlot and then onto some stronger or more bold cabs. The chocolate was amazing- who doesn't like amazing wine and sweets in one afternoon?


After wrapping up the tasting I decided to walk around the grounds. The entire place is gorgeous, they even have peacocks walking around the grounds. I came upon a cute little girl sharing her popcorn with one, it was very cute.

If you haven't been, and you live in the area I recommend checking it out, its a fun experience tasting and learning more about wine and enjoying the lovely scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails